These kind of games were invented for my children! Following on from the success of Pumpaloons which we got for Christmas last year comes… Pumpazing!
Pumpazing is a exciting, energising pumping game for the 3-6 year age group. It is so energetic I couldn’t actually get a decent picture of my own children playing with it!!
What did we think?
- Brightly coloured packaging got the kiddos very excited to open it!
- Actually putting the batteries into “Zingy”, the star of the game, provided about 10 minutes of entertainment as they both had to have a go with the screwdriver and deciding which way around the batteries went. Once this fun was over they also loved setting up “Zingy” by inserting the four coloured “heads”.
- There are a number of ways to play the game (mainly dependant on the age of the children and the number of children playing). This provides flexibility and longevity for the game.
- Zingy’s arms are pumped as fast and furiously as they can be until Zingy shouts out “zing” or “boing” or one of the heads flies off. It then gets passed to the next child and so on. Until Zingy says “Uh Oh” which means this player is out (or if you are playing the the Zingy cards one of these is forfeited). The last player remaining or the one with the last card is the winner.
- Best played with lots of space as the “heads” can shoot out far. My 5yo was very concerned about them hurting someone (they are light and round so looked pretty safe!).
- Great workout for little arms
- Although we only played it between the four of us, it is clear it would be a great game to play in a large group or party.
- Great Christmas gift for a child in this age group.
What could be improved?
- No batteries provided (always irritates me a little).
- It took us a few minutes to get the hang of the different noises he made and the game play but soon got the hang of it and, hey, it’s all part of the fun!
- We had a few issues with the “reset” button that has to be pressed each time you insert the heads. It got sorted out but it just a little fiddly.
The game is priced at £19.99. For details of stockists click here or call 01506 855577
We received this toy free to test but the thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are our own.