I have been feeling a bit run down and full of cold so needed a tasty, warming and most importantly easy meal to prepare!
This one hits the spot!
- Handful of mushrooms or 2 large field mushrooms
- One onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 4 pork chops or steaks
- 1 pint of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1kg new potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Bread for mopping up (optional!)
- Firstly you chop up mushrooms, onion an 2-3 cloves of garlic. Saute these in a frying pan with a little butter.
- Butter the inside of the slow cooker pot up to half way around the sides.
- Spoon in half the mushroom mixture and layer on top the pork
- Slice potatoes and layer half of these on top of the pork.
- Pour over half of the stock mixture.
- Add the rest of the mushroom mixture and the top with the remaining potatoes and stock.
- Cook on High for 4-5 hours
- Serve with steamed greens and bread to mop up the delicious gravy.