We are heading off on a bit of a road trip. Well, visiting the YHA in Canterbury, Kent so not exactly far but still a good four hour journey with a couple of stops en route so quite a long time to keep us all happy. I took to Pinterest to find some inspiration of ways to make the journey part of the holiday and here are some tips.
- Make the kids a laminated travel map so they can trace the route and cross off landmarks as you go.
- If travelling at night (which is a good idea of very long journeys) put on some high energy dance track and get out the glow sticks for a party in the car!
- Take scooters – they are light and easy to pack and children love them. I am thinking how great they will be when we visit Broadstairs for some racing along the prom.
- Print off some information about where you are going to be visiting so you can all start planning what you would like to do and get excited! The Beaney Museum looks good especially the Star Wars exhibition! I also love the look of Dover Castle – we may have to get an English Heritage subscription!
- Pack some pillows and blankets in case someone wants to take a nap (or just be extra comfy!)
- Load up the devices with games and make sure there is plenty of charge. Don’t forget the in-car chargers too!
- Snack pack!I make the kids up a pack of food and drink which usually keeps them quiet for errr at least an hour or so!
- Bottles of water! And coffee!
- A bin bag to put all the rubbish in.
- Activities – books, colouring, times tables, few small toys to help pass the time.
Do you have any brilliant tips for road trip travel? Or any must see places in the Canterbury area? Please let me know!