It is week 2 of the Breastfeeding Scavenger Hunt and I hope you are enjoying reading all the wonderful posts by bloggers taking part in the project!
This week I am looking at the best ever product I used when I first started breastfeeding – the widgey pillow!
It looked a little like this though mine was pale blue gingham..
It is a really firm, supportive pillow with a washable cotton cover.
It’s many uses include…
- Whilst I was pregnant I used it as a bump support when sleeping.
- Once baby had arrived it’s real use came to the fore. You put it around you waist and lie baby across it for feeding leaving you “hands free”. I found it very useful in the early days for trying out the different positions to see which was the most comfortable. I don’t think I am alone in saying babies (and possibly mummies) have a favourite “side” and this pillow was great for feeding different ways on each side if that is what you need (which I did!). I used the rugby ball hold on the right side which I found the hardest).
- I took this pillow everywhere with me! I sometimes even sat on it when not feeding as it was really comfortable 🙂
- As my baby grew it was great for him to sit up in as it provided support when he couldn’t quite sit up himself unaided.
- I sometimes still use it now as a back support when sitting up in bed!
So, it’s use went way beyond the newborn days
If you would like to see more posts like this check out..