We have just returned from four night camping. Four nights is the longest stretch we have done in our tent and I think it is probably as much as we can do with our current tent (although I looking longingly at the awning you can get for it which would double the space).
We did think about staying an extra night as the weather was so nice but I was secretly relieved to hear they were fully booked..
I do really love camping though and here are a few reasons why…
- Fresh air and outdoor fun in a safe environment.
- Watching the starry sky at night.
- Living simply without the boring chores (though there is still plenty to keep you busy in a tent!)
- Less housework and distractions means more time to play with the kids and generally have fun.
- Boys making friends and getting lots of fresh air.
- No lure of TV! We did take some DVDs and a portable player though!
- Meeting other (mostly) friendly campers.
- Browsing through all the “things to do” leaflets in a new area.
- Camping with friends and family and living side by side for a few days is brilliant!
- It is good for your health – as I have just discovered here!
Things I don’t
- The washing pile when we get home!
Linking up with Magic Moments and What’s the Story.