At the beginning of June Ethan had a couple of inset days from school so we though we would use the opportunity to visit Legoland Windsor, somewhere we have wanted to visit for ages!
We booked the break with Budget Family Breaks for two nights at the Crowne Plaza at Heathrow Airport and two days in the Park. We would have loved to have stayed at the Legoland hotel but it was full for one of the nights we wanted and we thought we would wait until they were both a bit older to appreciate it. It does look fab though!
- If your child is around the 1metre height restriction it is worth getting them measured at the beginning where you get a wristband for them to wear meaning they don’t have to get remeasured on every ride!
- Car parking costs £2 (£6 for premium parking which we didn’t need as got their early enough to park really close anyway). As we as booths to purchase your ticket there is a machine just inside the park which wasn’t as busy.
- If you want to buy photos of yourselves on the rides you can purchase a book of vouchers for £20 which gives you 5 photos, magnets or keyrings that are normally £8 each.
- The kids meal size is plenty for even the hungriest adult and half the price! Plus you get free fruit with it if you are still peckish.
- Their most favourite part of the trip was probably the stunt Pirate Show! It was fantastic and they even got chance to go on with the pirates on the 2nd day. Ethan rang the bell to start the show and Noah waved the flag. They loved it!
- Driving schools – both car and boat – Ethan got his driving license and was chuffed to bits!
- Laser raiders – fab interactive shooting game!
- Atlantis submarine aquarium ride (go early as this one gets busy)
- The knights at the Castle
- The dragon and the dragons apprentice rides (though Noah was a little young/scared for these!)
- Spinning spider (a gentle version if the Walters) not really Noah’s cup of tea!
- Dino Safari – perfect for dinosaur lovers
- Aero Nomad – great mini big wheel!
- The Orient Expedition train ride
- The hill train (sooo handy at the end of the day for tired feet)
- Star wars miniland!
- Miniland – minature versions of landmarks around the world all made from lego! Noah loved this and could have spent longer here it was fab!!
- 4d cinema shows – excellent and kept both children entranced!
- The piper of Hamlyn puppet show with Elvis as the piper who took away the pets and wanted to marry the Mayor’s daughter – classic!!
- The friendly, helpful staff were amazing! Everyone you asked knew the answer to your query and customer service was excellent. Ethan was particularly taken with one staff member who drove the train who gave him all his legoland badges that Ethan was collecting! He was over the moon!
- The free play Pirate Training area was fantastic for letting off steam though we lost the kids on a couple of occasions we soon found them!
- Fairytale Brook Ride was a bit hit too
- Noah loved the Fire Academy! It was great fun!)