We love playing games in the garden, or taking them away with us when we go camping. We have gone through quite a few cheap plastic cricket and croquet sets over time that have served their purpose well but not been great quality in the long run.
We jumped at the chance to review a Croquet set from Garden Games to see how this would compare. Unfortunately the weather was not on our side and every weekend when we intended to get it out and have a game, the heavens would open or the grass would be soaked so we had to wait!
What we liked about the Croquet set….
- It arrived in a good quality zipped nylon bag with handles making it easy to transport and store.
- Inside the bag are four hardwood croquet mallets, 4 lightweight wooden balls, steel hoops, the winning post and rules. All of the items are of exceptional quality, solid and will last many years.
- Suitable for 2-4 players.
- The set is designed on the small side making it suitable for children aged 6+. It is still a good enough size for adults so perfect for families.
- It was the perfect size for my almost 6yo and even the almost 4yo had fun with it by making up different games to get him used to holding the mallet and knocking the balls through the hoops.
- The kids enjoyed knocking the steel hoops into the ground.
- We are looking forward to getting more use out of it every year now, particularly when the weather gets warmer.
- This is a set that could be put in the back of the car and taken for a day at the park with a picnic promising hours of fun.
- Great family activity.
- This is definitely an investment item that will be played in the family for years. With a price tag of £84.99 you expect quality and this certainly delivers.