The weather has taken a decidedly chilly turn to it the last few weeks and anyone with children will know that this can limit the options of keeping them entertained and happy outdoors as the fun is dampened by the cold weather. Whether it be cheering on children from the side of a rugby pitch, walking through the forest or playing in the park the vital thing at this time of year is to keep warm (or am I just showing my age!?)!
Last Saturday the boys went to their first real ie professional, football match. It was Nottingham forest v Burnley at the Forest City ground. We had great seats and they had a fabulous time watching the action. It is quite a long time for children to keep still for but they did pretty well (and the sweets bought at half time helped!)
I had been warned wrapping up warm was the most important factor in enjoying the game. So after our holiday to Lapland last year I know layers are of course the best way to trap the warm air and stop it from escaping, thus keeping you cosy. I had also been sent some Heat Holders thermal leggings from to try out so this was a fantastic opportunity to give them a go!
For the game I layered them with thick tights underneath and wore a jersey tunic over the top with a thermal top underneath that. I was so cosy and warm. So warm that at one point I even took my hat off!
What is so great about Heat Holders thermal leggings…
- Very cosy and warm with or without layers
- Variety of sizes. I was chuffed to be sent the Small (which covers sizes 8-14 – I am towards the larger end of this scale but there was plenty of room and they were a great fit).
- Good quality – more knitted than a fabric but didn’t snag or catch.
- Good elasticity meeting they don’t go baggy at the knees (pet peeve with leggings number 1).
- Dense colour ie don’t show skin through (pet peeve with leggings number 2)! They are 140 denier.
- Although they are warm they aren’t bulky and you could even wear under trousers or jeans.
- Bargain price of £8!
On a slightly more negative side they are only available in black and what would make them even better was if they were in a variety of colours to brighten up your winter wardrobe. They also have to be washed at 30 degrees which can be a bit of a nuisance but is kinder to the enviromment!
However, I can safely say these leggings will be getting plenty of use over the winter months!
So, do you have a Winter holiday to keep warm on or perhaps an outdoor event you need to layer up for? Well I have been given the wonderful opportunity to give away two pairs of these thermal leggings to two lucky winners!
All you have to do is fill in the Rafflecopter (which choses winners via random.org) and leave me a comment answering the following question.. “Where you will be wearing your Heat Holder leggings to keep warm?”