Holidays in my opionion are still a learning experience for children. Perhaps they even learn more, it could be argued, than in the classroom, when on holiday. Most of our holiday learning experiences are usually outdoors but as February half term is often dreary, wet and a bit cold this one was an indoor learning experience – cooking Japanese food!
We booked onto a free cookery class that was held at Wagamama’s restaurant at Meadowhall.
Luckily the half term holidays for Sheffield are a week later than ours so there was availability in the fantastic session.
So…what did we learn…
- how to make healthy juices from freshly squeezes carrots, apples, oranges and even tried out fresh ginger in our juices (not sure about this one though mummy likes it!).
- all about the different types on noodles.
- how the waiters order the food on their hand held device and how it prints off the order for the chef’s to create in the kitchen.
- weighing out the ingredients for their chicken stirfry choosing their favourite ingredients (and maybe trying some new ones).
- watched at the counter as the chef cooked up their recipe.
Then tucked into their yummy food created- delicious!
It was fabulous for Noah who is not quite 5 years old but loves helping mummy cook. He learnt lots and enjoyed joining in with the older children.
I think this is a fantastic idea and I think I can safely say Wagamamas is now the kids’ favourite choice of eatery.
Thank you guys for a fabulous morning!
This post is an entry for the Visit Wales #Wales4Kids Family Holiday Challenge.
Wales is the perfect place for a fun-filled family break. We love Wales and hope to visit there over the Summer. We love having fun in the outdoors and the unspoilt beauty of Wales is perfect to let off steam, embrace new challenges and have a great time. We have enjoyed two breaks there; one in a cottage on a farm in beautiful Pembrokeshire and a second camping near the glorious beaches of Abersoch. Looking at the Visit Wales website just makes me want to go back again now for more adventures!