We have had a great Summer with our amazing Mark Warner holiday to Rhodes followed by a fantastic 10 days in Los Angeles (don’t worry a post about this amazing place is in the pipeline!). The six weeks have flown by too quickly and we have had a great time. Probably too good! The return to the reality of school routine is hard though probably much needed!
The next few months are going to be busy with my final placement for teacher training when I will be working full time for six weeks!
So as the nights are starting to draw in and the wooly jumpers look more inviting here are things to plan and dream about for the new season…
- Burning some scented candles to give a cosy feel to the room when settled down in the evening (or day time!).
- Baking cakes, biscuits and sweets! I am totally craving sugar at the moment and fancy a go at fudge, peanut brittle and brownies!
- Stocking up on craft things to do with the boys on rainy days.
- Framing some photos from our holidays and on the walls to remind us of the lovely sun and happy memories.
- Getting out the winter clothes and boots and, of course, updating the wardrobe (who doesn’t love new boots!).
- Planning some days out walking in the Derbyshire Dales stopping off in a country pub with a roaring fire. Times like this when you would need a boot, from Cotswold Outdoor, to keep your feet warm and comfy.
- Getting into PJs at 6pm – don’t say it is just me!
- Putting a new carpet put down on the stairs and landing after having it redecorated over the Summer..
- Booking some more holidays – nothing like having an exciting treat to look forward to!
What are you looking forward to about Autumn? What is on your wishlist?